Sunday, March 13, 2016

Trust is the #1 Killer of Dogs

Where's your leash?

Sorry folks. I fell behind a bit. Life got in the way, and frankly, I didn't have the energy to keep up this blog with everything going on in my life. My rescue greyhound, Legend, was hit by a car. It was the most horrible thing I've ever witnessed. And for a photographer, it's burned into my retina. The gal was going so fast when she hit him, she actually broke her bumper. Granted, I had just taken him off his leash right in front of our driveway, but he was trailing about 3' behind me. I heard the car, stood in the middle of the street waving my hands, and rather than stop, she passed me on my right, and hit Legend. So the policeman came, told me I was at fault, and cleared me so I could get the the SVU (Shelton Veterinary). I was very concerned about internal bleeding and things I couldn't see. He was bleeding profusely from his paws, but staples and sutures, medication and rest for ten days, with me as his nurse, got him back to normal. But no one should have to learn this lesson the hard way. TRUST is the #1 killer of dogs. 

Trust (i.e. NOT BEING LEASHED WHILE OUTSIDE AND NOT BEING IN A CLOSED IN AREA) can, and will, kill your dog.

What's wrong with this picture?


THE GREYHOUND IS OFF LEASH, 
AND I DON'T SEE A FENCE...

My Legend, off-leash.
My excuse? Time for a photo.
NO MORE!!!

Legend
12 February 2012 – ?




No comments: