Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Screaming Room | 2005
ANTIBODIES [German]


I thought I'd re-post a reviewer's comments from AMAZON, and my response to those comments. That should give you an idea of what type of movie ANTIBODIES is: a movie which provokes a visceral response either way.

Customer Review
1 of 2 people found the following review helpful:
I Didn't Realize This Film Was Required Viewing For All Future Violent Pedofiles. I am NOT Easily Shocked, But I Was Here..., December 2, 2009
By Kenneth A. Nelson "Just Being Ken"
This review is from: Antibodies (DVD)
I found myself evaluating my own inner self after watching this film alone in my own home. How could I have found this foray into the mind of a violent, sadistic pedofile and his personal madness. This study was overwhelming for me. The movie was very well made and written, directed and acted. I am usually not entertained by the derangements of the human mind, yet I couldn't look away or pause the film.
This is definately not for the weak of heart, people who react badly to blood or for minors (with or without a parent or guardian).
Before purchasing it, I thought it was a film concerning AIDS in the gay community, but this wasn't a musical comedy with fabulous wardrobes.
It was life at its worst.
_______________________________________________________________________


Comments
Tracked by 1 customer
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion

Your initial post: Dec. 18, 2010 9:10 AM PST
Bernard M Lynch Jr says:
"...I thought it was a film concerning AIDS in the gay community, but this wasn't a musical comedy with fabulous wardrobes. It was life at its worst."
I'm sorry you needed to show just how ignorant people can be about "the gay community" and AIDS, in particular.
By saying "this wasn't a musical comedy with fabulous wardrobes" you have clearly put yourself on a public pedestal of pathos.
I am gay, HIV negative, saw WAY too many friends, relatives, and people die from AIDS, including women, members of various minority groups, and, yes, even "gay" men.
To rally up your connection of a movie about AIDS and the gay community with a tip of the hat to musical comedies and fabulous wardrobes,
you have exhibited yourself to the world as the deeply-seated hateful person you really are.
Yes. This movie was life at its worst. But it was still a movie.
You, Mr Kenneth A. Nelson, are a person exhibiting life at its worst.

No comments: