Saturday, December 29, 2012

The 100 Greatest, Gayest Albums (of All Time) | Out Magazine

The 100 Greatest, Gayest Albums (of All Time) | Out Magazine Oh! I could go on and on and on about how so many of these albums (VINYL, THANK YOU!) were the soundtrack to a very damaged and confused life, but GOODBYE YELLOW BRICK ROAD has to be the single album (which was, in reality, four sides of VINYL) with the best artwork ever to teach me how to escape and dream. I am ever so grateful this was released in 1973, way before MUSIC VIDEOS were even thought of (as opposed to live performances) because this would have destroyed all the dreams I had, have, and still have.

Thank you, Bernie Taupin, for single-handedly, teaching me how to see...

...poor little darlin' with a chip out o' yer heart,
it's like acting in a movie when you've got the wrong part...

Indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home