Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Stupidity Speaks!
Joel Osteen on Larry King Live:
"I don't know."


from the CNN Transcripts:

Keep this in mind, as you read though:

J. OSTEEN: I mean, I'm having -- we're having church every Sunday in a former basketball arena, with 40,000 or 50,000 people coming out.

KING: We will now touch other bases with Joel and Victoria Osteen. Their book is "Hope for Today Bible: The New Living Translation: The Red Letter Edition."

Iowa Supreme Court just allowed same-sex marriage, making them the third state; Massachusetts, Iowa and Hawaii. The general forecast is that's coming.

Other people are now saying, why not make marriage a religious institution, and have the state bonding that the non-marriage state issue. So we can have two kinds of getting together.

J. OSTEEN: I'm not sure I understand --

KING: In other words, if you want to be married and you're both religious, go to your church. If you want to be bonded together and you don't want to call it marriage, go on down to the civil servant office.

J. OSTEEN: I don't know if --

KING: The state will not marry you.

J. OSTEEN: Sure. I guess my thing, Larry, is I just like the definition of marriage to be between a man and a woman. So it sounds like you're saying something different.

KING: Well, it still would, except the state wouldn't perform it.

J. OSTEEN: Well --

KING: You could perform it.

V. OSTEEN: It would be called something else. It would be called partnering or something.

KING: By the state.

V. OSTEEN: Yeah.

KING: If the religious institution -- I'm just throwing this out.

J. OSTEEN: Sure.

KING: Do you think, though, the other side is coming, that eventually many more states are going to allow same sex marriage?

J. OSTEEN: You know, I don't know where it's all going, but again, I just -- it's my desire that we keep the family unit, the basis of our society -- I'd love to see it stay between a male and a female, not knocking anybody else. But I'm not sure where it's all going.

KING: If this continues, do you think it will harm things? Supposing there were more states that had it. What would be the harm?

V. OSTEEN: Again, you know what? We really want to see marriage between a man and a woman. There is going to be people who get together and have relationships and have what they call their families. But I just think marriage should be sanctified by the church. It should be between a man and a woman. But yeah, I mean they're doing it today.

KING: The proposal is if that should happen, sanctified by the church, the state shouldn't be in the marriage business. That was the other proposal. Why should the state be -- just throwing it out there.

J. OSTEEN: I don't know if I'm 100 percent clear on it all. But I guess, Larry, we come back to that -- will it undermine the basis of society? I don't know. I think that -- I know God's best is for a male and a female to have a marriage and raise their family. It doesn't always happen, but I believe that's much better.

KING: Should a gay couple be allowed to adopt?

J. OSTEEN: Well, I think that again, it's best for a male and a female. I can't say -- I'm not saying that gay people aren't good people. And --

KING: Or good parents.

J. OSTEEN. Yeah, exactly. But again, I like to shoot for God's best, and that is a father and a mother in the home. It doesn't always happen. I know a lot of people raised by single parents. And you know what? We bless them and pray for them as well. but I think God's best is a male and female.

Read back at the beginning of this post:

J. OSTEEN: I'm not sure I understand --

So this fucking dork "doesn't understand" and "doesn't know" and "isn't 100% clear" but he KNOWS GOD'S BEST (in front of 40,000 - 50,000 people) is for a MALE and a FEMALE.

He doesn't know, but HE KNOWS GOD'S BEST!

Don't forget: in his own words, he "isn't 100% clear" but HE KNOWS GOD'S BEST.

Jerk.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Insane comments from an insane Writer.Pastor Joel Osteen has been humble and truthful to God's Word in giving answer so that non of groups get offended.
Of course pastor is only human, he can answer only sane questions.

Friday, May 8, 2009 at 8:37:00 AM EDT  
Blogger B.man said...

First off, you can't even draft a correct comment, grammatically.

Second, you would follow a "zealot" who admits he doesn't know what he's talking about?

And aren't all men (and women) created equal in the eyes of God?

Friday, May 8, 2009 at 8:51:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home