Saturday, September 06, 2008
Friday, September 05, 2008
Thursday, September 04, 2008
deus refugium meum liber hieronimi ebner
Aural Sex|Playlist N_
Here's a few scenarios for you, if you are paying attention.
Labels: Aural Sex|Playlist_
(can we get together?)
I hope you feel the same way, too.
so I got to thinking:
1. 30 days, full-time (well, with overtime!) in Madonna's dance camp with the guys
2. cure the currently-uncurable diseases (cancer, AIDS, paralysis, etc)
I hear you calling...
I'll be forever blue
that you give me no
that you give me no
that you give me on
oh baby please
give a little respect
(and if I should falter, would you open your arms out to me?)
Brutus want a cracker?
Not only did I throw the cracker to him,
but I managed to snap the shot!
Absolutely NO PHOTOSHOP was involved in this photo.
iPhoto all the way...
Labels: Brutus Maximus
Wednesday, September 03, 2008
Can't you feel my heart?
Feet to Jesus!
Bend over and take it like a man!
If there's one thing I love about Apple, it's that they truly keep you coming back for more.
How do YOU spell M-O-N-O-P-O-L-Y?
Pasche was a 24-year-old postgraduate design student at London's Royal College of Art when Jagger went looking for new talent, having become dissatisfied with the record label's artworks. After meeting the singer, Pasche designed a tour poster and was commissioned to come up with a band logo.
The inspiration for the eventual logo, which took Pasche around two weeks of work, has never been in doubt.
"I wanted something anti-authority, but I suppose the mouth idea came from when I met Jagger for the first time at the Stones' offices. I went into this sort of wood-panelled boardroom and there he was. Face to face with him, the first thing you were aware of was the size of his lips and his mouth."
From the original negative: no Photoshop!
Labels: The Vault|1986
Tuesday, September 02, 2008
Labels: Josephine Baker
Self-portrait, black CK briefs, white band.
Camera: 1931 Zeiss Iko-Flex
Labels: The Vault|1988 Pt Judith
Breaching the Levee
–|Chris Lawrence, CNN (graffiti in NOLA/Gustav)
Labels: Hurricane Gustav
Gustav. Hanna. Ike. J*?
Labels: 2008 hurricane season
Bern, after reading...
Note to self:
They have NO FUCKING IDEA!!!
Labels: Burn After Reading
Monday, September 01, 2008
Bristol Palin, 17, Pregnant!
So first it was the rumor that Sarah Palin's Down's Syndrome baby was actually her daughter's baby.
Now they are coming clean about the pregnancy and that the daughter, Bristol, is pregnant.
I want to know one thing:
what's the scoop on the age of 17 v the age of consent in Alaska?
Apparently hunting moose in Alaska isn't the only thing this governor engages in.
A 19 y/o son, a new son, under six months, and a pregnant daughter?
Is it me?
• I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
• Don't be afraid of missing opportunities. Behind every failure is an opportunity somebody wishes they had missed.
• For fast-acting relief try slowing down.
• Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.
• I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody.
• I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides homework.
• I personally think we developed language because of our deep need to complain.
• I worry that the person who thought up Muzak may be thinking up something else.
• I've always wanted to be somebody, but I see now I should have been more specific.
• If I had known what it would be like to have it all - I might have been willing to settle for less.
• If love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
• If truth is beauty, how come no one has their hair done in a library.
• If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed.
• Instead of working for the survival of the fittest, we should be working for the survival of the wittiest - then we can all die laughing.
• It's my belief we developed language because of our deep inner need to complain.
• Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain.
• Ninety eight percent of the adults in this country are decent, hardworking, honest Americans. It's the other lousy two percent that get all the publicity. But then, we elected them.
• No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up.
• No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up.
• Reality is a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs.
Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle drugs.
• Reality is nothing but a collective hunch.
• Reality is the leading cause of stress among those in touch with it.
• Remember we're all in this alone.
• Sometimes I feel like a figment of my own imagination.
• Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world.
• The best mind-altering drug is the truth.
• The problem with winning the rat race is you're still a rat.
• The road to success is always under construction.
• The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.
• There's so much plastic in this culture that vinyl leopard skin is becoming an endangered synthetic.
• Things are going to get a lot worse before they get worse.
• We are all in this together, by ourselves.
• We don't care. We don't have to. We're the phone company.
• We have reason to believe that man first walked upright to free his hands for masturbation.
• We're all in this alone.
• What if it's boring - or if it's not boring, it might be too revealing, or worse, it might be too revealing and still be boring.
• What is reality, anyway? Just a collective hunch.
• Why is it that when we talk to God we're said to be praying, but when God talks to us we're schizophrenic?
• Why isn't there a special name for the tops of your feet?
Labels: Lily Tomlin
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Natal + Transit = Now.
Labels: natal and daily transit
generic h/s port, vert, bw
defined solely by title,
type unknown unless titled by group
Why Rick Sanchez is too much.
I get the "Cuban immigrant" story of yours as equally as I "get" John McCain's five-and-one-half years as a prisoner of war.
But why do you have to remind me there's a camera man ("Don, bring that camera over here") or that "you just got back to the desk" or, my new favorite, "Carlos, take me to the tele-strator, yes, the telestrator over here..."
Sorry, but I'm happy everyone has jobs and all, but why do you have to remind us that there's a middleman or two or three, all answering to your beck and call ("let's be clear to our viewers" is really funny enough as a thought!)
I think I "get" what the Coop is saying when he said to "broadcast neutral" or to, in my words, reflect 18% grey. Be bland.
Getting into Birthday Gere!
Queen|The Japanese Box Set
CD 1 - Seven Seas Of Rhye (1974)
01 Funny How Love Is 02:51
02 See What A Fool I’ve Been 04:32
03 Seven Seas Of Rhye 02:50
CD 2 - Killer Queen (1974)
01 Brighton Rock 05:10
02 Flick Of The Wrist 03:21
03 Killer Queen 03:02
CD 3 - Bohemian Rhapsody (1975)
01 Bohemian Rhapsody 05:59
02 I’m In Love With My Car 03:10
03 You’re My Best Friend 02:51
CD 4 - Somebody To Love (1976)
01 Somebody To Love 04:59
02 Tie Your Mother Down 03:46
03 White Man 05:00
CD 5 - Queen’s First EP (1977)
01 Death On Two Legs 03:44
02 Good Old-Fashioned Loverboy 02:55
03 Tenement Funster 02:58
04 White Queen (As It Began) 04:36
CD 6 - We Are The Champions (1977)
01 Fat Bottomed Girls 03:24
02 We Are The Champions 03:02
03 We Will Rock You 02:02
CD 7 - Crazy Little Thing Called Love (1979)
01 Crazy Little Thing Called Love 02:45
02 Flash Theme 02:47
03 Spread Your Wings 04:34
CD 8 - Another One Bites The Dust (1980)
01 Another One Bites The Dust 03:38
02 Dragon Attack 04:21
03 Las Palabras De Amor 04:31
CD 9 - Under Pressure (1981)
01 Under Pressure 04:06 (With David Bowie)
02 Body Language 04:33
03 Soul Brother 03:38
CD 10 - Radio Ga Ga (1984)
01 Hammer To Fall 03:39
02 I Go Crazy 03:45
03 Radio Ga-Ga 05:49
CD 11 - A Kind Of Magic (1984)
01 A Dozen Red Roses For My Darling 04:45
02 A Kind Of Magic 04:27
03 One Vision 04:01
CD 12 - I Want To Break Free (1984)
01 I Want To Break Free 04:25
02 It’s A Hard Life 04:08
03 Machines (Back To Humans) 05:09
Cleared for lift-off! NOT!
Labels: Hurricane Gustav
Someone should have been on the ball with this problem LONG before it surfaced.
In today's world, who has the cash stashed for weeks of groceries (which will, no doubt, spoil), let alone tanks-full of gas, and a safe spot on the map?
WAKE THE FUCK UP, PEOPLE.
Anyone who WANTS to leave, should be GIVEN the money to do so.
Keepin' 'em honest, ANDERSON? WHAT UP?
Now only the poor die?
Katrina Part II