Monday, June 30, 2008

BOYCOTT!!
Corporate Ignorance
DIAL (yep, the soap people)



So, have you been one of the guys who found the "got2B" line of hair products "just right" for your hairstyle of choice? I was.

Repeat: I "was."

This morning, trying to squeeze out the last squirt of gel to make my rapidly-receding hairline look its best, I noted the following on the back of the product you see herein, and I quote:
b WARNED:
THIS GOES BEYOND YOUR ORDINARY STYLING GEL.
got2b MAGNETîK styling gel contains pheromones – a man's secret edge to make the ladies take notice. So get your game on...because this stuff delivers firm hold and natural shine – AND gets the ladies revved up.

got2B CREATING GOOD CHEMISTRY

NOW I know why I can't get a fucking date.
I'VE BEEN USING THE WRONG HAIR GEL!
Which was sold to me BY MY HAIR STYLIST!

A not-so-quick call to Schwarzkopf & Henkel (1.800.424.5458) revealed something even MORE shocking...IT'S THE DIAL COMPANY (yep, the SOAP people). And, apparently, DIAL is OWNED BY SCHWARZKOPF & HENKEL...a subsidiary of Henkel KGaA, based in Dusseldorf, Germany.





Keep shaving your heads, guys.
And remember: never, EVER, let them see you sweat!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok let me get this straight..

you are boycotting this product because its tailored for the
single straight guy boost pheromones whatever to attract females so you are pissed off it wasnt attracting guys what if they made a gay hair gel that attracted men would you be happy then?

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 7:04:00 PM EDT  
Blogger B.man said...

Pal, you kinda answered your own question. Would you use a hair product geared for women, that specifically said so?

Hair is genderless, and, as such, doesn't really have a "sexual preference." I guess it does have some preference when it comes to male pattern baldness for men, and alopecia for women AND men.

The point is: that was rather a cheap-shot and insensitive on the part of The Dial Company.

Would you feel the same way if it said something about Jews, blacks, other minorities etc?

I really don't give a shit what I use in my hair. If it's on sale, and works, I use it. I've been in advertising for over 25 years, and remarks like theirs are just plain ignorant.

Two words: media watchdog.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 8:03:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home