Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Playlist|03 October 2006 Never Again


Fucking Mercury had to have been retrograde at some point today.
WTF! Webster Bank, Apple Computer. India. Canada. California.
At least I got to speak to EK today and that really put it all in perspective.
When the hammer falls as it has in the past,
you learn (the very hard way) what is "the small stuff."

Two notes:

1. Tonight is the first Faculty Development meeting at Gibbs Norwalk since I resigned in August. With the new man at the helm, I'm putting all my faith in the fact that I resigned under the right circumstances, and he has my best wishes at making a difference.

2. I could seriously KICK THE COLLECTIVE ASSES of some Team Orange members. What the fuck are they thinking? Seriously, I could charge several hundred dollars to do this privately. And that's without going near the photography.

So, if you think this applies to you, it probably does.

At one point in time, Michelangelo looked at a block of marble. Personally, I wish I had a photograph of the marble from which Michelangelo sculpted David. How someone could envision such beauty, indeed a world standard, boggles my imagination.

But it happened. Michelangelo had something called "previsualization" and he hammered away until he was emotionally drained and knew what was in his head was now a part of reality. I've never seen David personally (I did see The Pietå) but I know the fire that burns in the mind when you see something so clearly you can smell it. Others are known to say you're so close they can taste it.

Same deal goes for Austen and the very select members of Team Orange.

I see something as clear as a photograph.
And you are preventing me from expressing that burning fire.
My heart is singed.

Hence, today's playlist: Never Again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous K. said...

I KNOW YOU KNOW HOW MUCH YOU ARE APPRECIATED>>NEVER "PREVENT (YOURSELF) FROM EXPRESSING THAT BURNING FIRE"...at least not to ME! YOU ARE WANTED---YOU ARE NEEDED! I wish "the other(s)" would also SEE.......

Wednesday, October 4, 2006 at 1:14:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home