Monday, July 24, 2006

Shuffle|Can't Resist SLEEP


Can't Resist video clip
25 September 2005

TEXAS star Sharleen Spiteri reveals a split personality in the stunning video for the band's new single Can't Resist. The singer gets a new look - or two - in the promo - completed on Thursday - which was shot by acclaimed director Sam Brown, who also helmed the talked-about promo for James Blunt's You're Beautiful. It's a supernatural battle between Sharleen's night and day characters, exploring the two sides of the singer - purity versus decadence, love versus sex. The two opposing Sharleens are gradually drawn closer and closer through the promo until they finally meet.
Sharleen said: "The song is Texas having a fresh look at that Giorgio Moroder vibe of uplifting, electronic pop but with sexy, slow vocals. "I wanted to combine modern sounds with a real Billie Holliday kind of feel. "When I was growing up, my dad would be away at sea. My mum, my sister and I would be at home blasting disco and Abba alongside her old Billie Holliday albums." The Texas star was anxious to look beyond Holliday's image to explore the darker side of her character. "I knew the spirit I wanted and I knew I could emulate that Billie Holliday sensibility," she said. "Not the framed icon with the beautiful flower in her hair but the slightly darkwoman on the edge, this tortured brave singer who struggled around this merciless music circuit.

Texas|Can't Resist

You know I can't resist
You know I can't resist

I believe that you told me
A promise lives with lie
That you tease as you hold me
There's hunger in your eyes

That's the way that I remember you
When the sun was high
And the nights were cool
It seems that lately I just dream
Of days in the silver sky
That I can't get

You know I can't resist
I never wanna fall asleep
I know you wanna dive in deeper
And I tried and I tried I tried to walk away
I'm standing one on this
Emotion always takes us deep
I only wanna dive in deeper
And I tried and I tried and I tried to walk away

That's the way I remember
The summer sun was high
To the cold of November
I'm still in silver sky

That's the way that I remember you
When the sun was high
And the nights were cool
It seems that lately I just dream
Of days in the silver sky
That I can't get

I'm falling for your sentimental charms again
I'm finding it so hard to break it
But everytime the pleasure turns into pain
I'm more inclined to stand to take it

This is the way I remember you
The sun was high
And the night was oh so cool
It's how I remember you

You know I can't resist
You know I can't resist
You know I can't resist

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Sunday, August 6, 2006 at 7:14:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Friday, August 11, 2006 at 12:00:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home